We are looking to expand our team of highly experienced and dedicated IT support engineers with an individual who shares our philosophy and wants to join our close and mutually supportive team.
This role consists of approximately 60% infrastructure/project and 40% assisting the helpdesk.
The candidate should have strong Windows Server and Virtualisation knowledge, as well as a great understanding of networking technologies. Project delivery is going to be an essential part of this role, therefore being interested in multiple technologies is a requirement, as is effective communication; with customers and colleagues.
The role will by necessity involve some out of hours work, be part of an on-call rota and require travel to customer sites and meetings. Also travel between our other sites and data centres will also be required.
Candidates should be interested in problem solving, keen to pick up new skills and have an aptitude for learning. The ability to work as part of a team, and in a busy environment is essential, as sometimes we need to delegate work to keep on top of incoming requests. Attention to detail is very important.
We’re looking for an aspiring engineer with at least 3 years of customer-facing support experience. The individual should also have excellent customer communication skills (telephone and face-to-face)
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in the following areas:
- Windows Desktops – Troubleshooting and assistance for users, including: Office Packages, hardware issues, and general software issues.
- Windows Servers – Knowledge of creating users from scratch, deploying new Servers, configuring roles on servers in a best practice manner. Windows server technologies including: ADDS, DHCP, DNS, File Services, RDS (including connection brokering, session host, gateway) and IIS
- Virtualisation Experience – both with VMWare and Hyper-V – including vSwitches and vCentre (knowledge about clustering would be an advantage)
- Backup and Disaster Recovery experience (Veeam knowledge would be an advantage)
- Microsoft 365 and Azure/Intune administration experience
- PowerShell (and other scripting languages) experience – either creating scripts from scratch or piecing together freely available samples from the internet to create a custom script.
- Routers – Configuring a router from the box as well as managing existing Routers – including the adding/modifying and removing of Firewall rules as well as understanding the impact of such changes on businesses. Experience of Sophos XG Firewalls would be extremely beneficial.
- Wireless AP Deployment – Deployment of a wireless solution to a site, using multiple Wireless APs, as well as RADIUS authentication.
- Networking and Switches – Excellent knowledge of VLANs and how to inter-operate between different manufacturers. Use of ACLs and port security to increase network security.
- VPN – Knowledge of how an IPSEC tunnel is created, how to troubleshoot and preferably work on multiple manufacturers.
- VOIP Troubleshooting and installation
Additional beneficial competencies
- Linux Experience – from provisioning to decommissioning. Day to day running including patch management, troubleshooting and security.
- MacOS with single sign on using a provider such as Jump Cloud
- Cisco experience or certification in Switches/Firewalls
- Experience in SQL Server (and SQL as a language)
- iOS Certification, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- MS Certification
- MacOS troubleshooting – permission issues, application installation/troubleshooting, reinstallation of the OS, Time Machine Backups, Airport, Screen Mirroring
- Experience in AutoTask and Datto RMM (or other RMM technologies)
- Experience in CyberSecurity – notably the CyberEssentials scheme
- Any experience with containerisation such as Docker/Kubernetes
Desired additional experience
- Migration projects (email, server, etc.)
- Experience of Cloud based operating models MS Azure, Oracle Cloud etc
- Project management experience
- Providing training to junior staff
- An interest to develop into a team leader.
- IT Framework qualification e.g. ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation
- Full UK driving license.
- To be eligible to obtain full UK (SC) Security Clearance
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays, plus your birthday off
- Private pension scheme with Royal London Mutual
- Private Medical care
- Death in Service Benefit
- Perk Box
- Cycle to work and Tech Schemes.
- A company backing you who want to see you grow in your career.
- Friendly and relaxed flexible working environments
- Onsite Gym and Bicycle Parking
- Friday afternoon beer o’clock
Due to COVID-19 the Bristol IT office is working at a reduced capacity with all the necessary health measures in place.