Assured Digital Technologies combines the strengths and value to customers of two highly respected IT businesses: MDS Technologies and Bristol IT Company. The merger of the two businesses generates an even greater proposition for organisations through the compelling and significant complimentary portfolio of services and competencies derived from working with Government, Public Sector and Private Sector/Commercial organisations.
The merger was completed in April 2020 and the benefits successfully being communicated to both new and existing customers. With significant growth aspirations, Assured Digital Technologies is looking to increase the sales team through the employment of a Business Development Manager with a strong background of solution selling within the IT industry. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, have a passion for technology and be able to communicate complex solutions to potential customers.
- Work closely with the Business Development Director to generate recurring company revenue through the onboarding of new customers.
- Determining what customers’ business requirements are and make recommendations for solutions to solve their challenges.
- Identify and qualify opportunities from a variety of sources, including:
- Tender portals
- Marketing driven leads (inbound)
- Customer referrals
- Partner referrals
- Working in collaboration with partners
- Pro-active targeted networking
- Maintaining a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities and communicating details to the finance department for company forecasts.
- Produce and deliver technical proposal documentation (aided by Technical Architects and Consultants).
- Management of tender submissions, ensuring that colleagues contribute the required information, and bids are submitted on time.
- Attending and presenting at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Provide input to the innovation team to help shape new product and services and drive sales growth.
- Provide input to the marketing teams to help shape external communications and drive sales enquiries through successful campaigns
Essential skills and experience
- Proven track record in developing and retaining new clients
- Self-starter with excellent commercial awareness and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Creation and negotiation of quotes with appropriate contractual terms, attractive commercial terms and minimisation of risk
- High level technical understanding of IT solutions required by businesses in the public and private sectors
- Understanding of the productivity and efficiency gains that correct IT systems can bring to businesses (our customers)
- Experience and passion in selling IT solutions that include varying forms of digital transformation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with both clients and team members
- Desire for self-improvement and learning in order to further career
Additional skills and experience (advantageous but not essential)
- Pre-sales background in IT
- Degree level or equivalent
Salary and Rewards
- Competitive base salary enhanced by performance-based rewards
- Participation in long term incentive plan through share options
- Great company benefits