IT Support Engineer
We are looking to expand our team of highly experienced and dedicated IT support engineers with individuals who share our philosophy and want to join our very close and mutually supportive team.
We are taking on a prestigious local film studio requiring regular onsite support, which means this job role will consist of a mixture of onsite work for two days a week and office based work for three days a week. Onsite work will require the selected engineer to be the primary point of contact for all IT concerns, interacting with local onsite staff as well as clients. Issues are likely to range from troubleshooting cabling to looking after the highly sophisticated Firewall and Network solution. The onsite role will be split between three support engineers in order to provide variety in your work role.
An ideal candidate would be interested in problem solving, keen to pick up new skills and have an aptitude for learning. The ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment is essential, as sometimes we need to delegate work to keep on top of incoming requests. A logical approach to troubleshooting is also essential due to the wide range of technologies that we support – information might be available, but you’ll need to be able to piece it together sometimes without any assistance. Attention to detail is very important. The ideal candidate should also be flexible on working hours – and interested in potential out of hours work (additional pay)
The ideal candidate will have good experience in the following areas:
- 2+ years of customer-facing IT support experience, ideally in a similar role
- Excellent customer communication skills (telephone and face-to-face)
- VoIP System Configuration, Troubleshooting and Provisioning
- Great understanding of basic PC troubleshooting, including all versions of Windows, and Microsoft Office 365
- Networking and Switches
- Understanding of VLANs and how they segregate networks
- How to quickly configure a new VLAN across multiple switches
- Experience of multiple manufacturer’s configuration interfaces
- Configuring a router/firewall from the box
- Adding/modifying/removing of Firewall rules as well as understanding the impact of such changes on businesses
- Working Cisco knowledge/experience is essential
- Knowledge of how an IPSec tunnel is created
- Setup of VPN tunnels between different manufacturers’ devices
- SSL VPNs and other client VPNs
Desired additional experience
- Windows Server configuration and maintenance experience
- Network Storage -Knowledge of NAS/SAN storage for small and large business
- Migration projects (email, server, etc.)
- 8×8 Hosted VoIP Configuration and Support
- Cisco Certification – CCNA or similar
- Virtualization: VMWare and Hyper-V
- Clean Driving License
The best candidates will also have a desire to become technically adept in multiple fields – and will be exposed to an extremely varied range of technologies.
As part of the team
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 20 days’ holiday plus public holidays, with Christmas and your birthday off.
- Private pension scheme with Royal London Mutual
- A company backing you who want to see you grow in your career.
- Friendly, relaxed office environment
- Regular social events
- Onsite Gym and Bicycle Parking
- Friday afternoon beer o’clock!
To apply for this position please fill in our contact form and upload your CV, or use the mini form below.
As this job is partially based at a client site, you MUST live in Bristol or the surrounding area to apply.
Strictly no recruiters/agencies