IT Support Engineer
We are looking to expand our team of highly experienced and dedicated IT support engineers with an individual who shares our philosophy and wants to join our very close and mutually supportive team.
The candidate should have a keen interest in IT – after all it’s at the heart of what we do! You will be responsible for taking a leading role in projects as well as: maintenance tasks, remote & onsite support, hardware upgrades, repairing faults on computer systems, networks and peripheral equipment. Incidents are logged and managed via Telephone, Email and Web requests.
About the person
Candidates should be interested in problem solving, keen to pick up new skills and have an aptitude for learning. The ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment is essential, as sometimes we need to delegate work to keep on top of incoming requests. Attention to detail is very important, as well as the ability to research issues and find solutions.
The ideal candidate will have good experience in the following areas:
- 2+ years of customer-facing IT support experience, ideally in a similar role
- Excellent customer communication skills (telephone and face-to-face)
- Great understanding of basic PC troubleshooting, including all versions of Windows, and Microsoft Office 365
- Windows Server Administration
- Active Directory – including knowledge of creating users from scratch
- Group Policy – Creation and troubleshooting
- Deploying new Servers, and configuring roles on servers in a best practice manner
- Networking and Switches
- Understanding of VLANs and how they segregate networks
- How to quickly configure a new VLAN across multiple switches
- Experience of multiple manufacturer’s configuration interfaces
- Configuring a router/firewall from the box
- Adding/modifying/removing of Firewall rules as well as understanding the impact of such changes on businesses
- Good Cisco knowledge would be extremely beneficial
- Knowledge of how an IPSec tunnel is created
- Setup of VPN tunnels between different manufacturers’ devices
- SSL VPNs and other client VPNs
- Network Storage
- Knowledge of NAS/SAN storage for small and large business requirements
Desired additional experience
- Migration projects (email, server, etc.)
- VOIP/Onsite Telephony configuration experience
- Virtualization: VMWare and Hyper-V
- Driving License
The best candidates will also have a desire to become technically adept in multiple fields – and will be exposed to an extremely varied range of technologies.
As part of the team
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 20 days’ holiday plus public holidays, with Christmas and your birthday off.
- Private pension scheme with Royal London Mutual
- A company backing you who want to see you grow in your career.
- Friendly, relaxed office environment
- Regular social events
- Friday afternoon beer o’clock!
To apply for this position please fill in our contact form and upload your CV, or use the mini form below.