We are looking to expand our team of highly experienced and dedicated IT support engineers with an individual who shares our philosophy and wants to join our very close and mutually supportive team.
The candidate should have a keen interest in IT – after all it’s at the heart of what we do! You will be responsible for taking a leading role in projects as well as: maintenance tasks, remote & onsite support, hardware upgrades, repairing faults on computer systems, networks and peripheral equipment. Incidents are logged and managed via Telephone, Email and Web requests.
The role will by necessity involve some out of hours work, be part of an on-call rota and require travel to customer sites and meetings. Also travel between our other sites and data centres will also be required.
About the Person
Candidates should be interested in problem solving, keen to pick up new skills and have an aptitude for learning. The ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment is essential, as sometimes we need to delegate work to keep on top of incoming requests. Attention to detail is very important, as well as the ability to research issues and find solutions.
The ideal candidate will have good experience in the following areas:
- 2 years of customer-facing IT support experience, ideally in a similar role
- Excellent customer communication skills (telephone and face-to-face)
- Great understanding of basic PC troubleshooting, including all versions of Windows, and Microsoft Office 365
- Clear and concise troubleshooting methodology
- Basic hardware troubleshooting
- Windows Server Administration
- Active Directory – including knowledge of creating users from scratch.
- Group Policy – Creation and troubleshooting
- DHCP/DNS troubleshooting
- Networking and Switches
- Basic Understanding of Networking
- Troubleshooting of Internet Connection issues
- Good Cisco knowledge would be extremely beneficial.
- Experience with patching in a corporate environment
- Keeping documentation up to date
- Network Storage
- Knowledge of file storage solutions for small and large business requirements
- VOIP/Telephony Troubleshooting
- Ability to track down issues with Telephony equipment.
- Confidence to learn new technologies and support them for customers.
- Detailed call logging to ensure all customer requirements are captured.
Desired additional experience
- Migration projects (email, server, etc.)
- IT Framework qualification e.g. ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation
- Familiarity with the Office 365 admin interface
- Understanding of at least one backup technology (Veeam preferred)
- Microsoft certifications
- Full UK driving license.
- To be eligible to obtain full UK (SC) Security Clearance
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays, plus your birthday off
- Private pension scheme with Royal London Mutual
- Private Medical care
- Death in Service Benefit
- Perk Box
- Cycle to work and Tech Schemes.
- A company backing you who want to see you grow in your career.
- Friendly and relaxed flexible working environments
- Onsite Gym and Bicycle Parking
- Friday afternoon beer o’clock
Due to COVID-19 the Bristol IT office is working at a reduced capacity with all the necessary health measures in place.