Technical Account Manager
Bristol IT Company (BITC) have 28 years’ experience in delivering professional IT solutions to businesses of all sizes and have worked hard to ensure that clients have trust in our company and the services provided. The majority of customers are SMEs located in the South West of England but the full portfolio includes larger companies, and ones located further afield in the UK. Due to the increasing number of customers, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Account Manager to join our team.
The Account Manager position will be quite senior within the business so the successful candidate will need to be a team player who can lead from the front as the ultimate relationship owner across a large number of accounts. BITC prides itself on understanding the needs of its customers and the Account Manager needs to be able to focus on creating mutually agreed strategic roadmaps, and securing sustainable and profitable revenue.
This role demands someone with confidence who can challenge where appropriate for the benefit of BITC. A strong IT background will also be required to ensure a good understanding of the products and services that the Company offers. With this knowledge. the Account Manager will be able to discuss current and future requirements with existing customers and identify areas where their businesses would benefit from changes and additions to products and services already provided.
- To manage the relationships with customers (~100 in total but main focus on ~20 with annual spend between £25K and £250K)
- Direct, lead and develop the internal stakeholder team to retain and grow revenue across these varied accounts
- Contract retention and renewal, safeguarding BITC’s commercial interests
- Develop all relationships within the accounts, from C-Level to day-to-day contacts
- Development of tailored solutions that fit within the BITC’s product/service roadmap
- Provide market intelligence on all relevant industry trends and competitor analysis
- Work with BITC marketing manager to align sales and marketing strategy for existing customers
Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of IT
- Proven track record of managing customers in any market
- Selling skills – ability to achieve trusted adviser relationship status
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence internal and external customers
- Achievement oriented. Previous history of delivering both target and high customer satisfaction measures
- Proven Sales methodology training
- Ability to shape business strategy
- Learning agility – Demonstrates and advocates a personal learning orientation; seeks and constructively uses feedback to build on strengths and manage weaknesses; is curious and shares learning, and in doing so creates an expectation in others to seek and learn from experiences.
- Business Acumen – A proven and traceable history of creating opportunities with existing customers
- Competitor understanding – demonstrable understanding of all direct and indirect competitors
- Experience of managing customer expectations in a highly demanding environment
- Sales planning – to develop and drive successful sales engagement over a 3 year period
- Provide leadership or input for major bids
- Project management skills
As part of the team
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience) plus commission on sales
- 20 days’ holiday plus public holidays, with Christmas and your birthday off.
- Private pension scheme with Royal London Mutual
- A company backing you who want to see you grow in your career.
- Friendly, relaxed office environment
- Regular social events
- Friday afternoon beer o’clock!
To apply for this position please fill in our contact form and upload your CV, or use the mini form below.